Thursday, January 12, 2012

Just Listen ..............

Changes 2Pac
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wikrv81Fh3I
...show more
Excerpt:
We ain't ready, to see a black President, uhh
It ain't a secret don't conceal the fact
the penitentiary's packed, and it's filled with blacks


Elvis Presley - Achy Breaky Heart (Spoof) [For elvispresley445]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV5AKyi7NXM&feature=related


http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/discombobulated  (this is how I felt after my last blog)  Please take the time and patience to listen to all of these songs and read the other stuffs.)  ...cal
Excerpt:
Adjective
discombobulated (comparative more discombobulated, superlative most discombobulated)
  1. confused, embarrassed, upset
    After months of preparation for a new sign ordinance, the Planning Commission appeared discombobulated over the idea of adopting the new regulations when confronted by a few members of the public.













  2. broken, mixed up








http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Hot_Organization
Excerpt:

Offbeat: A Red Hot Soundtrip and America Is Dying Slowly (another acronym for AIDS) followed in 1996.

America Is Dying Slowly
Excerpt:
America Is Dying Slowly (a backronym for AIDS) is a compilation album, the eighth in the Red Hot AIDS Benefit Series of recorded by the Red Hot Organization. It featured collaborations from several hip hop acts, including Mobb Deep, De La Soul, Coolio, Biz Markie, Chubb Rock, The Lost Boyz, Pete Rock, Common and Wu-Tang Clan.
Dubbed “a masterpiece” by The Source on its release, AIDS was one of the first of such efforts aimed at reaching out to African American men through pop culture.


His Dream Asher Roth
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1qQVaDFueM (my g'son shared this with his dad and in turn his dad shared it with me.)  ...cal

Rock Me Gently (renamed by me 'I Have Never Been Loved Like This Before' dedicated to my love and soulmate RoboMan aka RobbieMiRobot) ...cal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxsKkTFDKRQ

Asher Roth Just Listen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXoHK24Q-FM

WWE Tribute to the Troops 2011: Nickelback "When We Stand Together"  (hey, even if u'v listened to this before the presentation is beautiful, so please listen again and watch.)  ...cal  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x9APfeoufg&feature=related

Trail of Tears Billy Ray
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOCQIV1Nar8

Achy Breaky Heart Billy Ray Cyrus  (all righty then, the "catchy lightweight single" was a good way to market Cyrus as it shows in this song........  he did definitely appeal to the young girls and old ladies in a damn sexy way and also to stay at home sex starved wifes with young kids.)  hmmmmmmm, but after the heat, I listened every bit as much to Some gave all and it stuck longer in my memory as the heat burned off and the HEART stayed solid.)  btw, it takes quite a while for the actual video to begin ...cal aka Dedra
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIqMflhH1LY

Some Gave All Billy Ray Cyrus (my girls bought me the vcr tape of this because he was so popular w/Achy Breaky.....  I used to talk about the songs all the time and the kids told me Billy Ray was just a fad.  hmmmmm, I told them "nope", he was not a simple fad and his popularity was gonna stick around and he would make an impression.  They laffed at me and thought it was all about achy breaky.  I saw his heart and that's what stuck with me.  I did think he was sexy and all but Achy Breaky lost its luster with me after a bit..........  but never' Some Gave All' and never 'Trail of Tears'.  I'm gonna go now and listen to Achy Breaky and see why it was always the center of everyone's attention.)  ...cal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydWhRObVxrM

These Boots Are Made For Walking Billy Ray Cyrus  (once again, try to trivialize his 'HEART' and make him look dumb like they did Elvis back in the day and Nancy Sinatra when she sang this very song....hmmmm)  ...cal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQR1nNo8JQM

These Boots Are Made For Walking Nancy Sinatra
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbyAZQ45uww&feature=related

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/These_Boots_Are_Made_for_Walkin'
Excerpt:
Nancy Sinatra was encouraged by Lee Hazlewood to sing the song as if she were a sixteen-year-old girl giving the brush-off to a forty-year-old man. Sinatra's recording of the song was made with the help of notable Los Angeles session musicians known as the Wrecking Crew.

Snoop Dogg & Willie Nelson sing Superman from Doggumentary A'dam 08 HD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyLReBNDlnk

Tim McGraw - Better Than I Used To Be (Studio Version) (Lyrics)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XktA4c1Z2LI

Reality Kenny Chesney - Lyrics!   (dedicated to the 99% who want Love, Peace & Solidarity) ...cal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tfzWgP4c2s

Bait A Hook - Justin Moore with lyrics
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXN279BM2bw

Willie Nelson and Snoop Dogg Live on Letterman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Px_-0QlK8jU&feature=related

Dear Mama Tupac
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byyWQEYzS2A (and and and one day back a while ago my son shared this with me and in turn I share it with you all)  ...cal
...show more lyrics

You are appreciated

[Verse One: 2Pac]

When I was young me and my mama had beef
Seventeen years old kicked out on the streets
Though back at the time, I never thought I'd see her face
Ain't a woman alive that could take my mama's place
Suspended from school; and scared to go home, I was a fool
with the big boys, breakin all the rules
I shed tears with my baby sister
Over the years we was poorer than the other little kids
And even though we had different daddy's, the same drama
When things went wrong we'd blame mama
I reminice on the stress I caused, it was hell
Huggin on my mama from a jail cell
And who'd think in elementary?
Heeey! I see the penitentiary, one day
And runnin from the police, that's right
Mama catch me, put a whoopin to my backside
And even as a crack fiend, mama
You always was a black queen, mama
I finally understand
for a woman it ain't easy tryin to raise a man
You always was committed
A poor single mother on welfare, tell me how ya did it
There's no way I can pay you back
But the plan is to show you that I understand
You are appreciated

[Chorus]

Lady...
Don't cha know we love ya? Sweet lady
Dear mama
Place no one above ya, sweet lady
You are appreciated
Don't cha know we love ya?

[Verse Two: 2Pac]

Now ain't nobody tell us it was fair
No love from my daddy cause the coward wasn't there
He passed away and I didn't cry, cause my anger
wouldn't let me feel for a stranger
They say I'm wrong and I'm heartless, but all along
I was lookin for a father he was gone
I hung around with the Thugs, and even though they sold drugs
They showed a young brother love
I moved out and started really hangin
I needed money of my own so I started slangin
I ain't guilty cause, even though I sell rocks
It feels good puttin money in your mailbox
I love payin rent when the rent's due
I hope ya got the diamond necklace that I sent to you
Cause when I was low you was there for me
And never left me alone because you cared for me
And I could see you comin home after work late
You're in the kitchen tryin to fix us a hot plate
Ya just workin with the scraps you was given
And mama made miracles every Thanksgivin
But now the road got rough, you're alone
You're tryin to raise two bad kids on your own
And there's no way I can pay you back
But my plan is to show you that I understand
You are appreciated

[Chorus]

[Verse Three: 2Pac]

Pour out some liquor and I reminsce, cause through the drama
I can always depend on my mama
And when it seems that I'm hopeless
You say the words that can get me back in focus
When I was sick as a little kid
To keep me happy there's no limit to the things you did
And all my childhood memories
Are full of all the sweet things you did for me
And even though I act craaazy
I gotta thank the Lord that you made me
There are no words that can express how I feel
You never kept a secret, always stayed real
And I appreciate, how you raised me
And all the extra love that you gave me
I wish I could take the pain away
If you can make it through the night there's a brighter day
Everything will be alright if ya hold on
It's a struggle everyday, gotta roll on
And there's no way I can pay you back
But my plan is to show you that I understand
You are appreciated

[Chorus]

Sweet lady
And dear mama

Dear mama
Lady [3X]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Ray_Cyrus  (Billy Ray had something back in the day that threatened the 'Status Quo', ey?  Would he eventually have to be with like Elvis if things hadn't changed due to the internet?)  ...cal
Excerpt:
William "Billy" Ray Cyrus (born August 25, 1961) is an American country music singer, songwriter, actor and philanthropist, who helped make country music a worldwide phenomenon.[1][2][3] Having released twelve studio albums and forty-four singles since 1992, he is best known for his Number One single "Achy Breaky Heart", which became the first single ever to achieve triple Platinum status in Australia. It was also the best-selling single in the same country in 1992.[4][5] Thanks to the video of this hit, the linedance catapulted into the mainstream, becoming a worldwide craze.[6][7][8][9][10] Cyrus, a multi-platinum selling recording artist, has scored a total of eight top-ten singles on the Billboard Country Songs chart. His most successful album to date is the debut of Some Gave All, which has been certified 9× Multi-Platinum in the United States and is the longest time spent by a debut artist at Number One on the Billboard 200 (17 consecutive weeks) and most consecutive chart-topping weeks in the SoundScan era.[11][12] It's the only album (from any genre) in the SoundScan era to log 17 consecutive weeks at Number One and is also the top-ranking debut album by a male country artist. It ranked 43 weeks in the top 10, a total topped by only one country album in history, Ropin' The Wind by Garth Brooks.[13] Some Gave All was also the first debut album to enter at the number 1 in the Billboard Country Albums.[14] The album has also sold more than 20 million copies worldwide and is the Best-selling debut album of all time for a solo male artist. Some Gave All was also the best-selling album of the 1992 in the US with 4,832,000 copies.[15][16] In his career, he has released 35 charted singles, of which 15 charted in the Top 40.
From 2001 to 2004, Cyrus starred in the television show Doc. The show was about a country doctor who moved from Montana to New York City. In late 2005, he began to co-star in the Disney Channel series Hannah Montana with his daughter Miley Cyrus.

 



[edit] Early life

William Ray Cyrus[17] was born in Flatwoods, Kentucky to Ron Cyrus, a politician, and his wife, the former Ruth Ann Casto.[18][19] His grandfather was a Pentecostal preacher. Growing up, he was surrounded by bluegrass and gospel music from his family. His father, a right-handed man, played guitar. Billy Ray, on the other hand, was left-handed. He tried to play his father's guitar, but could never learn. Cyrus attended Georgetown College on a baseball scholarship before switching his focus to music. During the 1980s, Cyrus played in the bar band Sly Dog before getting a record deal with Mercury Nashville Records.[20]

[edit] Music career

[edit] The Mercury Records years

While trying to get a recording contract in Los Angeles, Cyrus was referred to as "too country" for LA, and "too rock" for Nashville. However, in 1990, he was signed to PolyGram/Mercury. Cyrus began to record and write music for his debut album, released in 1992.
Some Gave All was released in 1992. The album became an instant chart and sales successor. It debuted at #1 on the Billboard Top Country Albums, Billboard 200, Canadian Country Albums chart, Canadian Albums Chart, and on the charts of several other foreign countries. The album featured four consecutive Top 40 singles on the Hot Country Singles & Tracks chart from 1992 to 1993; including an album cut, the title track. The most successful single released was "Achy Breaky Heart". It reached #1 on the Hot Country Singles & Tracks chart and was also a hit on the pop charts, where it reached #4. Although the song was the only number one single, "Could've Been Me" reached #2, "Wher'm I Gonna Live?" reached #23, and "She's Not Cryin' Anymore" reached #6.
Some Gave All was certified 9× Multi-Platinum in the United States in 1996, and has sold over 20 million copies worldwide.

Billy Ray Cyrus singing at the Spirit of America tour.
In 1993, Cyrus and Mercury Records quickly released Cyrus' second studio album, It Won't Be the Last. The album featured four singles, however, only three made the Top 40. The album debuted at #1 on the Country charts, and #3 on the Billboard 200. By the end of the year, It Won't Be the Last was certified Platinum by the RIAA. The highest charting single, the lead-off single, "In the Heart of a Woman", charted to #3, with "Somebody New" charting to #9, "Words By Heart" at #12, and "Talk Some" at #63.
Cyrus' third studio album, Storm in the Heartland, was released in 1994. The album was his final album he recorded for PolyGram, as they closed their doors in 1995. The album was not as successful as its preceders. It only reached #11 on the Country albums chart, and only the title track made the Top 40 of the Country singles chart. "Deja Blue" was the second single released, however, it only managed to chart to #66, and the third and final single, "One Last Thrill", failed to chart at all.
The album only managed to be certified Gold in the U.S. Before Cyrus started on his next album, he was transferred to Mercury Nashville.
Also in 1994, Cyrus contributed the song "Pictures Don’t Lie" to the AIDS benefit album Red Hot + Country produced by the Red Hot Organization.
Cyrus' most critically acclaimed album was 1996's, Trail of Tears on Mercury Records. The album debuted at #20 on the Country chart when released. Only two songs made the cut to radio, although neither one hit the Top 60. The title track and "Three Little Words" were released reaching #69, and #65 respectively. The album failed to reach any certification, and was on and off the charts after only four weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment