Fluoride and your Thyroid
The following article is written by Mr. Bill Buckel of Utah, who has discovered and compiled sobering information about Fluoride on our health…
Before writing of my own difficulties with Fluoride, which caused my supplementation of Armour Thyroid to be attacked and diminished, it is important that we understand just what the chemicals “Fluorine”, the compound “hydrofloric acid”, and the element “Fluoride” really are. Therefore, a quote from Dr. Joseph Mercola is in order:
“Fluorine is an element. It is a gas, never occurring in its free state. In microscopic amounts complexed with other minerals, it is often listed as a trace mineral, a nutrient for human nutrition. This has nothing to do with “fluoride or fluoridation.” Yet the fluoride added to 90% of drinking water is hydrofluoric acid, which is a compound of fluorine that is a chemical byproduct of aluminum, steel, cement, phosphate, and nuclear weapons manufacturing.Only after researching and finding fluoride information like the above did this subject become one near-and-dear to not only to myself, but to my wife and children as well.
Such fluoride is manmade. In this form, fluoride has no nutrient value whatsoever. It is one of the most caustic of industrial chemicals. Fluoride is the active toxin in rat poisons and cockroach powder. Hydrofluoric acid is used to refine high octane gasoline, to make fluorocarbons and chlorofluorocarbons for freezers and air conditioners, (think “FREON”) and to manufacture computer screens, fluorescent light bulbs, semiconductors, plastics, herbicides, — and toothpaste. It also has the ability to burn flesh to the bone, destroy eyes, and sear lungs so that victims drown in their own body fluid.
Once in the body, fluoride is a destroyer of human enzymes. It does this by changing their shapes. You’ll remember from the Enzymes chapter that in human biochemistry, thousands of enzymes are necessary for various essential cell reactions that take place every second we’re alive. (Howell) Without enzymes, we’d die instantaneously. Enzymes trigger specific reactions in the body. One way they do this is by having the exact shape necessary, like a key in a lock.
Fluoride Changes The Shape Of The Enzymes So That They No Longer Fit. Since enzymes are proteins, once they’ve been changed, they’re now foreign-looking. The body now treats them as invaders, even though they’re part of that body. This is known as an autoimmune situation – the body attacks itself. Another way to look at it: enzymes are long-chain proteins held in certain shapes. Hydrogen bonds are the Velcro strips that hold the enzyme in a certain shape. Fluoride comes along and hydrolyzes the enzyme: cuts the Velcro strips away. The shape collapses. No more enzyme; now just a foreign protein.”
In 2003, I began experiencing a nagging morning brain fog—a confused, “what-am-I-to-do-next?” kind of thing, when I first addressed the mirror for shaving in the morning. Soon, at the suggestion of my wife, a regimen of one grain Armour natural desiccated Thyroid
History of the Fluoride/Iodine Antagonism© 1996 - 2009 PFPC
1854 - Maumene feeds sodium fluoride to a dog and causes a goitre to appear [also spelled goiter]. He is the first to consider fluorides as a cause of goiter. Suggests that high fluoride in water might cause endemic struma (goiter). (NOTE: The amount of fluoride given was 20 to 120 mg Na F-/day, for four months - Buergi, 1984 claims that a "cumulative dose of 10 g" was given.)
1869 - First experiments with sodium fluoride, showing inhibitory effects on glycolysis [a thyroid hormone - associated event] in isolated muscle tissue, are published by Nasse.(see also: 1937 Litzka)
1917/1918 - McKay, the dentist who investigated the cause of ‘mottled teeth’ - later to be renamed ‘dental fluorosis’, writes in the "Dental Cosmos" that enamel conditions in children with ‘mottled teeth’ are identical to those reported by Prof. Greves in Holland as being due to thyroid dysfunction (goitre). Greves reports that when rats were given water from the Utrecht area, goitre and mottled enamel developed.
1919 -1921 - Ignorant of McKay’s work, Goldemberg (Argentina) investigates the areas then commonly referred to as "goiterous waters" ('Kropfwaesser'), and reviews the work by others (Repin, Gautier, Clausmann, McCarrison, Parhou and Goldstein, Pighini, Christiani, Cahages, Houssay, Tappeiner, Schulz, Brandt and Pisotti). His findings convince him that the world-wide occurrence of goiter and cretinism is NOT due to iodine deficiency as commonly believed, but is the result of excessive fluoride intake from air, food and water.
It's All Over
By Mary Sparrowdancer
Copyright 2011 All Rights Reserved
|German and Austrian scientists knew in the early 1930s that an overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism) could be successfully treated by bathing patients in water containing minute amounts of fluoride. They had discovered nearly a century ago that fluoride blocked thyroid function. For the US government, long partnered with the pharmaceutical industry, to then force this same treatment on a nation of people with healthy thyroids under the lie that fluoride "prevents cavities in children," is unconscionable. The Nuremberg Code of ethics pertaining to human experimentation labels it an act of crime, stating, "The voluntary consent of the human subject is absolutely essential." Today, 70% of the US is being forced to receive this thyroid-blocking chemical via their water without consent or medical monitoring for overdose, allergic reaction or blocked thyroid function. The benefits are being reaped by the largest of US industries: The pharmaceutical industry. Fluoride has created a nation of suffering people seeking more drugs to treat blocked thyroids and fluoride toxicity. We might drink bottled water, but most of us cannot avoid the bathwater. |
Possible Symptoms of Fluoride Poisoning
Please Note: Having one or more of these symptoms does not necessarily mean you are fluoride poisoned. This page is offered only as a guide, which can help you determine whether fluoride poisoning is a possibility. Only your doctor can diagnose and treat you.*
- Arthritis – stiff, painful joints with or without swelling; painful feet in morning
- Asthma – especially after showering in chlorine-filtered water
- Bony, painful lumps where tendons and ligaments attach to bones. Calcifications of connective tissue on X-ray, especially with pain and reduced range of motion
- Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) – especially if it lifts when you spend time in an unfluoridated city or switch to distilled water for drinking and cooking
- Cold – temperature below normal, feeling cold all the time, feeling cold soon after a hot bath or shower
- Colic in bottle-fed babies or colic developing when breast-fed babies start solids or are weaned
- Dental fluorosis (white or brown spots on teeth
- Diabetes – worsening symptoms
- Diabetes insipidus (a kidney ailment) – excessive thirst, increased water consumption that does not relieve thirst, dry throat and irritated eyes, and frequent, dilute urine, especially at night, with normal blood sugar findings
- Eyes – moving black spots (scotoma, or floaters)
- Fatigue, weakness and brain fog after bathing or showering in chlorine-filtered water
- Fibromyalgia (severe muscle weakness and/or pain with extremely sore spots on various bony areas)
- Food intolerances that seem to come and go
- Gastrointestinal problems – irritable bowel, nausea, diarrhea without apparent cause, heartburn and upper bowel pain especially after drinking a full glass of water
- Gum disease – irritated or bleeding gums despite good hygiene and diet; gums heal when you use unfluoridated toothpaste
- Heart palpitations and increased heart rate without exertion
- Kidney disease – worsening symptoms, kidney stones
- Skin – hives, blisters, rash on stomach or back within an hour of drinking fluoridated water or after bathing or showering in chlorine-filtered water
- Tea drinking – causes upset stomach, gastric pain, heart palpitations or “the jitters” similar to strong coffee
- Teeth – loosening or needing to be extracted despite good hygiene and diet
- Thyroid diseases – underactive (hypothyroid), overactive (hyperthyroid or Graves disease), goiter and nodules