Friday, June 17, 2011

Bullying
http://media.photobucket.com/video/bullying/Skeeterhax/BullyingFinalmusic.mp4?o=2


No Bully Zone
http://www.jerryandthesillymonsters.com/no-bully-zone.html

http://stop-b-uon.blogspot.com/2011/02/bullies-being-rewarded.html
Excerpt:

Wednesday, February 2, 2011


Bullies being rewarded

Our latest website straw poll shows that 90% of respondents reported that the person who had bullied them was rewarded in some way by the university and 9% were not sure.  The number of people responding to the poll was relatively low (31); even so, this means that at least 28 bullies at the university were rewarded in some way.


As far as the nature of the rewards, what we know is that a number of these people have been rewarded by promotion, from associate professor to professor or from lecturer to senior lecturer.  As stated in a previous blog, rewarding bullies is one of the features of "predatory bullying" i.e. "Bullies protected and promoted, where abusive behaviour was both tolerated and rewarded within the organizational context.” (Hutchinson et al 2006, p 239).  According to Hutchinson et al (2006), when bullying is rewarded by promotion, the chance of the behaviour being accepted as ordinary and acceptable and becoming widespread within the organisation is increased. 


Also, maybe rewarding these bullies makes it clear to them that if they want to progress, they should continue this behaviour so that they remain part of the "in-group".  This may also mean that they will not be bullied themselves.


What do you think?



http://www.tavistockcollege.devon.sch.uk/documents/anti_bullying.asp
Excerpt:

Anti Bullying Policy 

Final Steps

When you deal with bullying, avoid
  • Being over-protective and refuse to allow the victim to help himself/herself
  • Assuming that the bully is bad through and through; try to look objectively at his/her behaviour with the bully
  • Keeping the whole incident a secret because you have dealt with it
  • Trying to hide the incident from the parents of the victim or the bully
  • Calling in the parents without having a constructive plan to offer either side.

Key Messages about Bullying

  • Emphasise that bullying and harassment is not accepted and perpetrators are dealt with
  • Do not think in stereotypes – you will miss incidents if you do
  • Victims and witnesses need to be encouraged to speak up. Secrecy and silence nurture bullying
  • Do not tolerate any form of bullying or harassment, it must be challenged

http://www.overcomebullying.org/public-service-bullies-rewarded-while-target-forced-out.html

Excerpt:
Hi, my name is Cathy. I worked for the public service for nearly 30 years. A member of management made a sexual advance toward me about 2 yrs into my career. When I rejected him, he started to build up a file on me culminating in him actually physically removing my desk from the office and going to more senior levels of management to say he had no longer any work for me to do.

My desk was removed to a storeroom, with dusty files, a photocopier, very little light or ventilation and no phone. When I went to my union they advised me to take a transfer to another department!! I refused to do this and eventually was accommodated within the same building. Shortly after this I took a career break.

When I returned a similar pattern of behaviour occurred, allegations being made by him that I was not doing my job properly, introducing new members of staff to everyone in the room but me etc etc. Eventually I went to a solicitor/lawyer and he received a letter by registered post. The bullying then stopped for a few years although he still would not speak to me.

Then I got a promotion and he became my immediate supervisor again. I got no help or training from him in my new post and after a few months, the whole pattern began again. My work was given to other members of staff to do on an overtime basis and I could see that I was heading off in the same direction again.

When I complained to two senior members of management, it was suggested, politely at first, that I transfer to another section. What started out as a polite suggestion manifested itself into an order and within a few months I was told that if I did not voluntarily transfer, I would be removed from my job and that it would take a ministerial order to reinstate me!! All this while my supervisor continues with his daily work, unaware and untouched by the whole thing!

I went off on sick leave for almost a year and had the bullying investigated by an independant body, the conclusion of which was that yes indeed I had been bullied and harrassed. I had engaged the services of a lawyer again and when we got the report back I was told that I had a huge action for damages against my employer. Money however was not a huge motivational factor for me, although I am not wealthy. I wanted these people to be held accountable.





http://www.workplacebullying.co.uk/aethesis.html
Excerpt:

Bullying in the Workplace - An acceptable cost?
By Andy Ellis, Ruskin College, Oxford, UK


Introduction.
In 1994, Staffordshire University Business School published the results of a survey indicating that 1 in 2 UK employees have been bullied at work during their working life. This particular statistic is just one of many which have been piling up across the world attracting little or no interest from either the politician or the businessman.

The hypothesis which I intend to cover during this project report is that workplace bullying is not only unhealthy for those being bullied but also for the organisations which are allowing it to continue. I intend to show that even many of the employers which are leading in this area by adopting anti bullying policies are allowing their line management to ignore the policy and instead provide an atmosphere of uncertainty within their organisations.
This project report pays specific attention to the British retail industry. I have conducted research by way of questionnaire within this industry in Gloucester and Somerset, both of which are in the South West of England. The data which has been compiled in this research is outlined in chapter 5 and may be referred to in various stages throughout this report where it is relevant.
I have split this project report up into six chapters being:
It is important to understand the typical personality makeup of a bully in order to understand what motivates such people to victimise their victims. It is for this reason that I have decided to include research by leading psychologists in this field throughout the stages in which the dysfunctional personality is being formed.
Just as bullying at school causes serious problems, so too does bulying at work. The most significant of these problems is stress and its medical effects, both physically and mentally. Most of the costs of bullying are linked to stress and in that respect I have gone into some detail in Chapter 3 as to how stress can manifest itself.

http://www.dearcupid.org/question/i-am-not-going-to-continue-rewarding-abusive.html
Excerpt:
A female Australia age 41-50, *anta writes:
I am a single mother and have an 11 year old daughter who has been used to seeing me being abused by her father, my mother, my sister and my father. This abuse from her father escalated when I tried to have a relationship with a man that I was casually seeing for 3 years. When I started to ask the man I was seeing over to my house my ex didn't like it and started rubbishing him even more to to my daughter as did my mother. Although I am no longer with this guy and he had his faults prior to myself inviting him to my house my daughter for some time was very happy to go to his house and stay the night with myself and his daughter who were best friends in the same grade at school. To be honest my ex took out a restraining order so my current boyfriend couldn't come to my house anymore as he told my daughter of once for abusing me. Although I have been single for 2 years now and not had one man in my house for fear of the same thing happening my daughter continually disrespects me. She does not disrespect her father, my sister or my mother. For example it is my 40th birthday tomorrow and tonight she called me a mole and a hole etc. I was prepared to not go out for my 40th with my female friend as my daughter has modelling and acting on Saturday for three hours in the city. After tonight's episode I just feel like enough is enough and I told her that I would not be taking her to modelling and acting on Saturday. I was going to go to the movies with her tomorrow after school for my birthday however I am so sick of being abused be my daughter and judged by my mother, sister and ex- my daughter's father etc. My sister told me I was F------ in the head yesterday and my mother said well are you?


Anyway, I thought tonight enough is enough and I am not going to keep rewarding abusive behaviour and put myself first for a change for my birthday tomorrow. I rang my mum tonight and told her what happened and said that I would go out with my girlfriend who has a present for me and who wants to see me for my birthday tomorrow night and asked my mum if she could look after my daughter for the night. I also told my mum that I wasn't going to take my daughter to modelling and acting on Saturday as a punishment as I am fed up with being disrespected and that I believed that she needs to learn that she can't get away with treating me like this. I feel that the situation is hopeless as the damage has been done through all the denegration of me in front of her and myself being outnumbered by my mother's, ex's, sister's and father's abuse.


My mum rubbished me tonight and thinks I am being to harsh on my daughter and wrong. As far as I am concerned she always has and always will think whatever I do or whoever I see is wrong and the same for my ex.


Am I making the correct decision in regards to my daughter and how am I supposed to ever have a friend wheher it be male or female that my family don't approve of and thus my daughter agrees with them.


Please help

http://educate-yourself.org/nwo/nwotavistockbestkeptsecret.shtml
Excerpt:
Tavistock Institute originated the mass civilian bombing raids carried out by Roosevelt and Churchill purely as a clinical experiment in mass terror, keeping records of the results as they watched the "guinea pigs" reacting under "controlled laboratory conditions". All Tavistock and American foundation techniques have a single goal---to break down the psychological strength of the individual and render him helpless to oppose the dictators of the World Order. Any technique which helps to break down the family unit, and family inculcated principles of religion, honor, patriotism and sexual behavior, is used by the Tavistock scientists as weapons of crowd control.
The methods of Freudian psychotherapy induce permanent mental illness in those who undergo this treatment by destabilizing their character. The victim is then advised to "establish new rituals of personal interaction", that is, to indulge in brief sexual encounters which actually set the participants adrift with no stable personal relationships in their lives, destroying their ability to establish or maintain a family. Tavistock Institute has developed such power in the U.S. that no one achieves prominence in any field unless he has been trained in behavioral science at Tavistock or one of its subsidiaries.
Henry Kissinger, whose meteoric rise to power is otherwise inexplicable, was a German refugee and student

http://sandoval501.org/jr_sr_internet_safety.htm
Excerpt:



http://www.sagepub.com/upm-data/8745_KellowayCh6.pdf
Unfortunately, the scenario above is common in many organizations. It
Workplace
Emotional Abuse

Loraleigh Keashly
Steve Harvey


6

Just before leaving for the weekend, George answers a call on the help line and
quickly realizes it’s from Mr. French, who’s always got a problem late in the day. His
computer’s crashed again, he informs George, and this time he demands to talk to
somebody competent!
George has had his share of problems with Mr. French, the sales department
manager. On several occasions in management meetings, he’s questioned George’s
competence. He just ignores George anytime he meets him in the hall, and George
has heard he bad-mouths him to his staff.
When it becomes clear that Mr. French has no one but George to turn to this late
in the day, he gets even more insulting about George’s inability to fix his problem. Just
before he slams the phone down,Mr. French lets loose one final attack: “I should come
down there and knock some sense into you overpaid, underperforming college kids!”
George is barely able to speak to Mr. French, let alone find a solution to his problem
before he hangs up. He sits and wonders what nice things Mr. French will be saying
about him at the next management meeting. George tries to understand why his
manager never seems to defend him at these meetings. He’s also insulted about being
called an incompetent college kid and annoyed that Mr. French would have the gall
to suggest that he could smack him into compliance. That just infuriates George, particularly
because he sees no alternative than to suck it up. Another weekend wasted
worrying about this joker, he thinks. Why do I put up with this treatment?

depicts employee experience with persistent psychological aggression.
In fact, the majority of workplace aggression acts are nonphysical (Chappel
& Di Martino, 1998; Keashly & Harvey, 2004; Neuman & Baron, 1997).
One recent statewide survey by Jagatic and Keashly (2000) found that 24%
of respondents report being exposed to psychologically aggressive behavior

95

No comments:

Post a Comment