Wednesday, November 23, 2011

The story of Tariq Azia killed by drones video

http://www.shoah.org.uk/2011/11/21/what-did-the-children-learn-in-school-today/
Excerpt:

What Did You Learn in School Today?

Words and Music by Tom Paxton

What did you learn in school today,
Dear little boy of mine?
What did you learn in school today,
Dear little boy of mine?
I learned that Washington never told a lie.
I learned that soldiers seldom die.
I learned that everybody's free.
And that's what the teacher said to me.
That's what I learned in school today.
That's what I learned in school.
What did you learn in school today,
Dear little boy of mine?
What did you learn in school today,
Dear little boy of mine?
I learned that policemen are my friends.
I learned that justice never ends.
I learned that murderers die for their crimes.
Even if we make a mistake sometimes.
That's what I learned in school today.
That's what I learned in school.
What did you learn in school today,
Dear little boy of mine?
What did you learn in school today,
Dear little boy of mine?
I learned our government must be strong.
It's always right and never wrong.
Our leaders are the finest men.
And we elect them again and again.
That's what I learned in school today.
That's what I learned in school.
What did you learn in school today,
Dear little boy of mine?
What did you learn in school today,
Dear little boy of mine?
I learned that war is not so bad.
I learned of the great ones we have had.
We fought in Germany and in France.
And some day I might get my chance.
That's what I learned in school today.
That's what I learned in school.



http://www.thebureauinvestigates.com/2011/11/09/in-video-the-story-of-tariq-aziz/
Excerpt:

In Video: The story of Tariq Aziz

November 9th, 2011 | by | Published in All Stories, Covert Drone War, Video  |  1 Comment
Waziristan Grand Jirga / Chatterjee On October 31 a 16 year old boy, Tariq Aziz became the latest victim of the CIA’s secret drone strikes in Pakistan.
Just days before he was killed, Tariq travelled to Islamabad to attend a special meeting of elders, politicians and human rights activists to protest against the CIA campaign in the country’s tribal regions.
Among the attendees were former cricketer and opposition politician Imran Khan and human rights lawyer Clive Stafford Smith. During the meeting a motion was passed to condemn the attacks, the resolution was read out by Mirza Shahzad Akbar, a lawyer from the Foundation for Fundamental Rights, who is giving legal representation to many of the families affected.
To watch the Bureau’s report on the ongoing Drone War click on the link below.

Tariq had travelled to Islamabad to take part in the Jirga and to learn how to use a camera, so he could help to record the events that were unfolding in his home region of North Waziristan.
His uncle said that after losing his cousin in a strike, Tariq was determined to do something to protest US operations.
Among the guest speakers at the conference was Noor Behram, a Pakistani photographer who has been working for years to chart the effect of the drone strikes among the civilian communities in Pakistan’s tribal areas.
Speaking after his death Tariq’s uncle told of his nephew’s desire to follow in Noor’s footsteps. But just a few days after hearing him speak, Tariq was dead.
The Bureau’s study on the Covert Drone War is an ongoing investigation, to keep up to date with this, and our other stories, sign up to our newsletter here.

http://nebraskansforpeace.org/flood-aid-drone-war
Excerpt:

Flood Aid and Drone War: The U.S.'s Schizo Policy in Pakistan


Loring Wirbel
Citizens for Peace in Space
Colorado Springs, Colorado

The widespread flooding in western Pakistan has inundated an area the size of Florida while killing at least 1800 as of Sept. 10. The sheer scope of the disaster has also serve to dramatize the Obama Administration’s schizoid policy toward this Muslim nation: supplying humanitarian aid to the flood victims while at the same time regularly launching drone missile attacks against alleged Taliban and al-Qaida operatives.

No comments:

Post a Comment