Saturday, November 19, 2011

The Key Is In Your Hand

It appears I was wrong about Condoleezza Rice's affiliation with UC Davis, it was Stanford. 
http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Condoleezza_Rice

Gadhafi Loves Condoleezza Rice The Young Turks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2eBHictS7Q


http://chancellor.ucdavis.edu/messages/2011/taskforce_111911.html
Excerpt:
Through this letter, I express my sadness for the events of past Friday and my commitment to redouble our efforts to improve our campus and the environment for our students.
Sincerely,
Linda P.B. Katehi
Chancellor


http://slog.thestranger.com/slog/archives/2011/11/19/police-evicted-from-occupy-uc-davis-after-pepper-spraying-peaceful-protesters
Excerpt:
Police Evicted from Occupy UC Davis after Pepper Spraying Peaceful Protesters

Posted by on Sat, Nov 19, 2011 at 9:13 AM



If you haven't seen this video yet from yesterday's police action at Occupy UC Davis, you have to watch it, and watch it through the end. Honestly... it brought tears to my eyes. Tears of joy.
It starts with a group of students quietly and peaceful sitting on the ground and linking arms as they are viciously pepper sprayed by UC Davis police... officers whose job it is to protect them. You can't see from this video, but reports and photos from the campus newspaper, the California Aggie, show that the students were sitting in a circle around a small group of tents at an encampment in the university quad.
The attack on the students is provoked by nothing except their refusal to obey police orders. The usual chaos ensues for a few minutes. Victims shriek in pain, while some in the crowd frantically search for water. Several of the protesters are cuffed and dragged away, rather than receiving the medical attention they need. It is outrageous. It is unforgivable. And then something amazing happens.
The remaining students, who far outnumber the contingent of police, slowly start to encircle the officers while chanting "Shame on you!" The chants get louder and more menacing as the crowd gets closer, herding the police into a defensive huddle. Officers raise their weapons toward the crowd, warning them to back off, but at this distance and in these numbers, their riot gear would offer them little protection should the crowd suddenly charge. Sensing their advantage, the students change their chant to the more defiant "Whose university? Our university!" Tensions rise. One twitchy trigger finger and anything could happen. Then a lone voice initiates the familiar call and response of the human mic:
Voice: "Mic check!"
Crowd: "Mic check!"
Voice: "We are willing..."
Crowd: "We are willing..."
Voice: "To give you a brief moment..."
Crowd: "To give you a brief moment..."
Voice: "Of peace..."
Crowd: "Of peace..."
Voice: "In order to take your weapons..."
Crowd: "In order to take your weapons..."
Voice: "And your friends..."
Crowd: "And your friends..."
Voice: "And go."
Crowd: "And go."
Voice: "Please do not return..."
Crowd: "Please do not return..."
Voice: "We are giving you a moment of peace."
Crowd: "We are giving you a moment of peace."
The crowd then starts chanting "You can go! You can go!", and after a few moments the police turn their backs to the crowd and do exactly that, wisely taking advantage of the offered truce, and eliciting cheers and applause from the crowd.
Two quick observations. First, anybody who defends the use of pepper spray in situations like this is not only defending police brutality, but clearly advocating for the incitement of violence. Everybody involved, the officers and the students, are fortunate that the crowd showed such admirable restraint.
Second, anybody who still dismisses civil disobedience of this sort—resisting the removal of illegal encampments—as either inappropriate or counterproductive to the message and aims of the Occupy movement, has their head stuck thoroughly up their ass. This is what democracy looks like.

http://www.fightbacknews.org/2011/11/17/occupy-grand-rapids-protests-war-criminal-condi-rice
Excerpt:

Occupy Grand Rapids protests war criminal Condi Rice

By Tom Burke |
November 17, 2011
Read more articles in
Occupy Grand Rapids protest slams Condoleezza Rice for war crimes
Occupy Grand Rapids protest slams Condoleezza Rice for war crimes (Fight Back! News/Staff)
Grand Rapids, MI - Chanting “Condi lied, people died!” 40 people with Occupy Grand Rapids protested outside Devos Place, Nov. 16. Inside, Condoleezza Rice, former Secretary of State under the Bush administration, spoke at a $100 per plate Republican Party fund raising dinner. At the entrance to the event, Occupy protesters put a giant puppet of former Secretary of State Rice on trial for her war crimes against the people of Iraq and Afghanistan. Inside, a small gathering of Republican die-hards heard Rice promote her new book in which she defends the U.S. wars and occupations.
Standing under the Union Civil War soldier statue, where the Occupy protest began its march through downtown Grand Rapids, Alex Beecroft with Occupy Grand Rapids said, “The U.S. war in Iraq has definitely been a big presence and contributor to difficult economic times we find ourselves in. Condoleezza Rice was a big proponent of the lies that got the U.S. into a war in Iraq. The lies about the Weapons of Mass Destruction that did not exist and the lies about the connections to Al Qaeda from Iraq, that were not there. She just soapboxed these lies for years. I know the platforms for war were false. War by false pretenses is inherently wrong.”

The Lost 1984 Video: young Steve Jobs introduces the Macintosh
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2B-XwPjn9YY&feature=related

Fleetwood Mac Chains
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvuaNjrzZvw&feature=related

http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/11/19/video-of-police-pepper-spraying-u-c-davis-students-provokes-outrage/?partner=rss&emc=rss
Videos of police pepper spraying UC Davis students provokes outrage

http://abcnews.go.com/US/occupy-protesters-beaten-pepper-sprayed/story?id=14990310
Excerpt:

Videos Show 'Occupy' Protesters Pepper Sprayed, Beaten


PHOTO: In this image made from video, a police officer uses pepper spray as he walks down a line of Occupy demonstrators sitting on the ground at the University of California, Davis on Friday, Nov. 18, 2011.


Pink Floyd- Another Brick in the Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4SKL7f9n58&feature=related

Vote Different
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h3G-lMZxjo

Apple 1984
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R706isyDrqI

September 19, 2003
My love said to me:
"Take these chains from my heart and set me free." 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMLTsMcFRNE&feature=related  (Rick Nelson) ...cal

My love, the key is in your hand as I turn to walk away. (Zac Brown Band : As She's Walking Away)
http://www.cmt.com/videos/zac-brown-band/559839/as-shes-walking-away.jhtml
You stare after me as if I should say something.
There is nothing I can say. There's not a word I can utter. We've been through many things you and I and through it all I've loved you unconditionally and now, if I must, I will let you go the same.
I won't ask you why and I won't let you see me cry.  The love we have was much more than I'd expected so I cannot be unjust as I give you the way out.  
You must decide and you must make it right for you.  You have your heart to protect and you have your life.  I will only tell you that you are one of a kind and I will forever be grateful that I've had you in my life.
I will take my memories of us and I will place them safely in a place to be treasured.
I will write of the times we've shared until there comes a time in future that I can no longer remember them.
I will share them with my grandchildren so they in turn will share them with theirs.
You are my sun and my moon and my heartstrings and yes, I will miss all of those things but if you must go, they no longer belong to me.
They are once again yours to reconnect with and move forward.  They are once again of your heart, soul, and spirit and no longer a connection with my entity.
You take with you many memories of the times we've shared; you take my giggles and my dreams.
You leave with me the fire and the lust and most of all the love that will linger forever in my soul.
You have been my rock and my pillow and you have been my best friend.
With that, I can only rejoice at the time we've shared.  With that I can only know that My God was very generous with me when he sent you to me to be my healer.
You my love are my special friend, confidant and angel so off with you to the woods to find beauty in your future as you've never experienced before for you are the wind and the sand, and the trees blowing softly through the night only to come alight in the morrow with the dew and the rainbow.

Dirty Laundry Bitter Sweet



Heaven is Wrapped in Chains

More Than A Friend
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAgjDiTXmEE&feature=related

http://www.thedesignwork.com/65-amazing-optical-illusion-pictures/


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqUguKe1uZY
Heart In Chains - Kate Voegele NEW SONG FULL (from the album Gravity Happens)

Lyrics:
It's been a week since I've heard your voice now
you know it seems like a hundred years
it's hard to sleep it's a bit alarming
I'm a mess when you're not here
and it's a simple curse
I'm not the first oh but it's a vicious hurt
and it just gets worse

Oh because you know me well
like a child knows a mother's face
oh and i don't have to tell you that you've got my heart
you've got my heart in chains
tears on my pillowcase yeah yeah
I don't want it any other way

Your attention is my addiction
a roller-coaster of highs and lows
I need your venom it's been in my system
since the second we said hello
you love me deep but I'm incomplete
baby every time you leave I get so weak

Oh because you know me well
like a child knows a mother's face
oh and I don't have to tell you that you've got my heart
you've got my heart in chains
tears on my pillowcase yeah yeah
but I don't want it any other way no no

Don't leave me helpless
don't leave me lost
don't leave me waiting
you're all I've got
Don't leave me helpless
don't leave me lost
don't leave me waiting
you're all I've got

oh because you know me well
like a child knows a mother's face
oh and I don't have to tell you that you've got my heart
you've got my heart in chains
tears on my pillowcase yeah yeah
I don't want it any other way
you know me well
I don't want it any other way
you know me well
I don't want it any other way

No comments:

Post a Comment