Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Rich DeVos

http://explosivemlm.com/amway/rich-devos-profile/
Excerpts:
1)  As well as Amway, DeVos now owns a number of professional sports franchises, the most notable of which is the Orlando Magic NBA team.

2)  the DeVos Communications Center at Calvin College

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2009/05/at_83_amway_cofounder_richard.html
Excerpt:
Q: You gave $100,000 to the effort to defeat the recognition of gay marriage in Florida. Why did you choose to put money behind that cause?
A: Because I believe in it. That's just a sacred issue of respecting marriage. It was not an anti-gay thing.
I have been hung in effigy by the gay community for a long time, from when I was on President Reagan's first AIDS commission.

Q: How does that tie in with the gay marriage issue?
A: From that point on, that's when they were hanging me in effigy because I wasn't sympathetic to all of their requests for special treatment. Because at that time it was always somebody else's fault. And I said, "You are responsible for your actions, too, you know. Conduct yourself properly," which is a pretty solid Christian principle. You've got to take responsibility for your actions. It went from there to a series of requests for special treatment.
I would say, "I understand who you are. I accept who you are. Live your life. I will respect you. But don't keep asking for favors." Don't ask for a concession on the marriage issue, which is not vital to them, in my opinion. They've made it a vital issue because they want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment